You’ve finished your project and have submitted it to this site. What do you do next? Follow these instructions so that you’re ready to present your research at the Undergraduate Research Forum on Wednesday, April 21st.
Before the Event
- Search this website for your project, and make sure that it appears and is accurate. Contact the URF office if you can’t locate it.
- Share your presentation with co-presenters and faculty/graduate student mentors.
- If you didn’t attend one of the Zoom training/practice-run sessions, try out its screen sharing function BEFORE your LIVE presentation on April 21st.
- Look out for an email from your session moderator. They will communicate expectations for how the session will be run.
On the Event Day
- Go to the Schedule page, identify your poster/talk number and time, and use the “JOIN SESSION” link to join the LIVE meeting. Please communicate this to your co-presenters.
- You are expected to be in the meeting for the entire duration of your session or else you WILL miss your spot in the presenter sequence.
- Make a note of the phone-in information in the link—this is your back-up if your Wi-Fi goes down. You can also use Zoom’s mobile app or use a hotspot (if you have one) on your phone to connect your laptop.
- For your presentation, use your copy of a Google Slide presentation or your PPT file saved on your local machine, NOT the PNG files you submitted.
After Your Presentation
- Consider using Twitter to post a one-line description of your research project. Attach a PNG file of your poster. This is intended to engage the wider University community and to generate some chatter using the designated hashtags: #MiamiOH_UGRforum2021 #MiamiOHUndergradResearch
- Fill out the event survey. A link to it is provided here, and it will also be sent to you by email.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 27TH ANNUAL UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH FORUM!