Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording
Redhawk dependency notes:
* Needs wxWidgets wxGTK *exact* version wxGTK-2.8.12. No earlier version and no later version (as of 2/5/2013) will work. Make sure that at compile time the correct wxWidgets are in the path (module load wxGTK-2.8.12).
* Needs libsndfile. This is part of the SVN repository but NOT part of the tarball. So either the SVN download can be compiled OR the libsndfile directory can be copied/linked into the main audacity directory when compiling
* one of the sub-libraries libsoxr needs to have Cmake installed –> just make sure cmake is in the path at compile time (module load cmake)
./configure –prefix=/software/audacity/2.0.3 –with-libsndfile=local
Installed versions: 2.0.3
Licensing: GNU Library GPL