(MUPIM 15.7/OAC 3339-15-07)
All research conducted at Miami University must comply with federal regulations regulating the use of human subjects, laboratory animals, radiation, chemicals, and recombinant DNA in research. The University has established the following committees to oversee activities and enforce regulations in these areas:
- Institutional Review Board for Human Subjects Research (see Section 15.8)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Chemical Safety Committee
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
Information on the operation of these committees, and on procedures to be followed in proposing research involving the entities above, is available from the Office for the Advancement of Research and Scholarship.