Senior Exit

Emma

Four years ago when I started college I never would have expected it to end like this. Heck, even 4 months ago I wouldn’t have expected it, but here we are.

Graduating college right now is strange and a little sad in some ways, but by no means does this unusual end to my time at Miami University Regionals ruin the last four years. I have grown intellectually and professionally, but most importantly, I’ve grown personally. I have built relationships with peers, faculty, and staff that I will carry with me forever. I know I have people rooting for me who are willing to do whatever it takes to see me succeed, and that is such a great feeling.

I started my time at Miami Regionals somewhat begrudgingly. I wanted to get through the first semester of freshman year, then transfer to the main campus. But after a semester here I knew I couldn’t leave. So even though I have no idea what the future holds for me, I know I have a home at Miami Regionals and I am so thankful for that. 

Bailey

Wow! This is it, my last blog post! I can’t believe that graduation is almost here. I have learned so much during my time at Miami Regionals and am grateful for the friends and memories made along the way. 

This semester has had its challenges and I think that is why this does not seem real to me. I have spent hours working on homework, studying, and learning, but I have also learned about myself and my passions over the past four years. I challenged myself and ended up spending more time on campus than I would have ever anticipated through my student position. I was also able to help create an organization, go to an academic conference, participate in the Honors Program, and so much more!

I will miss a lot of things about Miami Regionals, but the main thing I will miss is my community of friends, coworkers, and mentors. Communication Studies group, thank you all for the memories and for being my friends! ERC team, thank you all for everything you do and I will miss you all so much! To all the people who have helped me along the way, you have truly added to my Miami experience, thank you. I will also miss getting to work at the campus events and just being on campus and seeing familiar faces. 

I have been able to experience so much during my four years here. I am sad that it was all cut short this semester, but I am excited for the future and to see where my path leads. I know that even with so many lasts, this is not the end. This is really just the beginning and I am thankful for all of the lessons I learned at Miami Regionals. My time here has shaped me into the person that I am today. Thanks for the ride, Miami Regionals, here is my stop. Cheers and Love and Honor!

Posts created 10