Life During Quarantine

It’s been a crazy few weeks here at Miami University Regionals as well as worldwide. We’re sure you’ve had your fair share of COVID-19 information at this point, which is all very important and should be taken seriously, but our hope is to provide you with some fun things you can do while stuck in quarantine. You’re going to hear from some of our student bloggers as we share what we’ve been doing since the University transitioned to remote learning and how we have remained entertained while social distancing.

Emma!

I have always really loved cooking and baking and I recently discovered Bon Appétit’s Youtube channel. Bon Appétit is a food magazine that also has a Youtube channel. They post videos with cooking and baking challenges and share fun recipes. Some of the videos are short and some are pretty long, but I have been watching them alllllllll. It’s been a great way to spend my time and motivates me to cook more. I highly suggest taking a look at their videos! I’ve also been attempting to learn how to play guitar. My brother has a guitar that he doesn’t use, so I thought why not try it out? It’s been a great way to take advantage of all my new found free time!

Amber!

I knew that having to self-quarantine was going to be a big adjustment, so my main goal was to make the most of this time. I wanted to use it to do things I always wanted to do but never could because I “didn’t have the time”. I initially started spring cleaning my living space. All the tedious cleaning that I never was able to get too. One of the main places I knew I would benefit the most from this was my desk. I was now going to be working from home in this space as well as attending class and working on course work, so I began by cleaning out the drawers and compartments and organizing them most functionally. I then wiped down all my surfaces and made sure they were set up for success. Lastly, I organized and decorated in a way that would keep me organized as well as productive and inspired. After my desk was all set up and I sat down to complete my first assignment, I instantly felt way more comfortable being at home. I now had a space that was curated specifically for me to get things done. Now, when I set down I can tune into the things I need to get done and do so in a way that works for me. Try this out if you need a little boost in your productivity!

Au’Lauren!

I have been catching up on some Netflix shows such as All-American. It just recently came out with it’s second season on Netflix. I have also watched the series about the first self-made female entrepreneur millionaire – Madame CJ Walker. I love biographical films, historical films and romantic comedies so that’s what I’ve been doing now that I have so much time on my hands!

Bailey!

I have done a bunch of different things which include everything from scrolling through social media (probably too much) to deep cleaning. I watched Love is Blind on Netflix in like two days which was new for me! I have also been watching You (just finished season 2), Parks and Rec, and The Office. It seems weird to me to not have a structure for most of my days right now, but I also have not made a schedule for myself because I think they are too hard to stick to. Although I do not have a plan each day, I have been trying to take a couple of hours each day to care for myself whether that be walking, working out, working on a puzzle, playing piano, or cleaning. I also want to start reading a couple of books that have been on my list for quite some time. I am always looking for show or movie suggestions on Netflix, Hulu, or Prime, so drop a comment if you have a suggestion!!

Noah!

These past few weeks have required some getting used to, but I am doing my best to make the most of my time. I am normally a very busy person, but these couple of weeks have helped me find much more time for me to get things done or take more time for myself. One thing I plan on getting done during my time at home is cleaning up my house since I normally do not have any time to clean like I would want to. I have also been able to spend more time with my family since our schedules are not so busy anymore.

One interesting thing about this time at home has been figuring out how to celebrate my birthday. I recently turned 21 and celebrating my birthday during this time has been very interesting, to say the least. I was not able to see my friends or my girlfriend in person. I was not able to go out or do things I normally would on my birthday so that made celebrating very different than normal. Despite these obstacles, this time at home has been much better than I originally anticipated it would be. I hope that others are doing well and I encourage you to find something new to learn or try out during these difficult times!

Posts created 10