Ways to Serve this Holiday Season

Happy Holidays Miamians!

As the semester winds down I think of all the knowledge that I have gained, the memories made, the studying done, and the work that I have completed. What a semester it has been! Through experience comes growth, and through hard work comes success. I am grateful to have worked so hard this semester and thankful to say that I am ending the semester off Dean’s List student again!

One of my favorite things to do this time of year is volunteer and serve the community, and I love that Miami offers ways for students to serve. Last week, Miami University Middletown held an ornament making and holiday card table through the Social Impact Initiative, which I am a member of. Through the table, we were able to create handmade ornaments and holiday cards to send to a local Senior Citizen Center.

There are lots of ways to volunteer and serve the community, but here’s a list of some that I came up with. 

1. Take a friend that is home for the holidays with you to a local soup kitchen and volunteer there for a few hours
  2. Sign up to become a Salvation Army bellringer to raise money for Toys for Tots
  3. Donate to a local shelter
  4.  Help at church service

This holiday season, I hope that my fellow students and faculty can relax and rest. I also hope that during our Winter break everyone finds time to spread some holiday cheer! 

Posts created 4