Venturing into Volleyball

Miami University Middletown's Women's Volleyball team picture

“Everything you want, is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Cofield

Growing up I always played sports. I played soccer, basketball, tennis, ran track & field, and was a cheerleader for several years. By playing sports, I have been able to grow as an individual but it has also given me a way to meet new people, develop friendships, and grow as a team.

I didn’t come to college expecting to play a collegiate sport, but this semester I was presented with an opportunity to join the Miami University Middletown’s Women’s Volleyball Team and I decided to go for it! 

Miami University Middletown's Women's Volleyball team sitting on stairs

Throughout this season I have built relationships with my teammates, and challenged myself to take risks and it has been so worth it. We’re finishing our season with tournament games that we are set to play this weekend. I am looking forward to these games and traveling with my teammates and coaches to enjoy our last games of the year.

Going into this school year I wanted to challenge myself to go outside of my comfort zone, try new things, become a part of more activities, and through it all allow myself to grow. As we hit the halfway mark of this Fall Semester, I challenge you all to try something new. Whether that is in school, at your job, in the community, etc. Try something new, expand your ways of thinking, get involved in a new activity, volunteer at a community event, and make positive change! On the other side of fear, doubt, and hesitation, could be a new experience that you could positively become a part of!

Posts created 4