Cook Field Pick-Up, Thursday, Oct. 3, 3:30-5:30pm
Produce this week…
Farm flowers are at their peak! We will have large and small bouquets for sale for $5 and $10 at the CSA pick up.
- Cherry tomatoes
Tentative produce list for 10/10
- Greens (2 types)
- Salad Turnips
Tomatoes are starting to dwindle and it appears that the weather is beginning to cool. You will begin to see more fall vegetables in the coming weeks.
What to do with your produce this week…
Time for gazpacho soup to celebrate the last of the summer tomatoes. Here is an easy recipe from Delish.com.
- 2 lbs tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (you could substitute our Oxford Local Marinara here to enhance the tomato flavor)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. basil for garnish
Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, garlic, vinegar and water in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, then add olive oil and blend to combine. If you like a coarse gazpacho, chop your vegetables by hand and mix. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Once chilled, serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil on top.