Cook Field Pick-Up, Thursday, Oct 24, 3:30-5:30pm
Produce this week…
- Acorn Squash
- Carleton (like Bok Choy)
- Fall Decoration Squash
Tentative produce list for 10/30…
- Green onions
- New beets
- Winter squash (Delicata)
What to do with your produce this week…
We will have a new variety of radish this week–Daikon. They have incredible health benefits. Here is a link that provides information and some recipes. https://www.ecowatch.com/daikon-radish-2641025634.html .
Also, lots to do with acorn squash–stuff them, make soup, or mix with other fall veggies . Here is a really easy roasted acorn squash recipe
- 2 acorn squash
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Wash the squash well, then dry with a towel.
- Trim the top and bottom off each squash, then cut in half from top to bottom.
- Use a spoon to remove the inner seeds and strings.
- Lay each acorn squash half on its flat side, and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Melt together the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Stir well with a spoon.
- Place the acorn squash slices on a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer, then brush the maple butter onto both sides of the squash.
- Roast the squash for 25 minutes on the first side, then flip each slice over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until caramelized and soft.