Pick-Up: Thursday 3:30-6:00pm, Cook Field Parking Lot
There will be more self select items this week as our season begins to wind down.
Produce this Week
- Spaghetti Squash
- Swiss Chard
Self Select Items
- Stir Fry Mix
- Cutting Celery
Tentative for next week
- Chinese Cabbage
Reminder we will have an extra share for Thanksgiving, Monday November 19 on the farm from 3:00-5:00pm.
- Sweet potatoes
Last week I made roasted vegetables. It was easy and the sweetness of the cooked squash and sweet potatoes paired with the radish and turnips was the perfect antidote to the earlier sunset after turning back the clock.
- 2 to 3 pounds root or dense vegetable, peeled if you like and cut into 1-inch chunks or wedges (carrots, beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, radishes, rutabaga, winter squashes)
- Oil (olive, coconut or grapeseed)
- Salt and pepper
- Fried eggs and/or plain yogurt
- Fresh herbs, torn or chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss vegetables with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast, 30 minutes to an hour, stirring at least once or twice during roasting for even cooking and browning.
- Serve with fried eggs and/or yogurt, ground black pepper and plenty of torn herbs on top.