Fall CSA Pick Up: Week Three
We look forward to seeing you at the Cook Field Pavilion
Thursday, September 21 from 3:30-5:30pm
This week’s box will include:
Half Share Box:
- Roma/Cherry/Heirloom tomatoes
- Green onions
- Cut lettuce/spinach
- Head lettuce
- Bok Choy
Full Share Box:
- All of the above plus…
- Green beans
- Summer Squash
We are in transition from summer to fall harvest. You will begin to see more lettuce and salad items, and for the next few weeks you might see a smaller variety of veggies in the box with larger amounts of each item. In 3 to 4 weeks, our fall harvest will be in full swing and there will be an abundance of new veggies.
The new item for this week is Bok Choy, also known as Chinese Celery. You can use this in a stir fry or eat it raw like celery with peanut butter or cream cheese.
Also, you will continue to see unripened heirloom tomatoes. It might take a week or so for these to fully ripen, but it’s worth the weight in terms of taste.
Recipe for the week: Roasted Beets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat beets lightly with oil.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar