As of June 14, all of the Banner 9 Admin modules were being used in production. The last to go live was Student. So, even though the project has slowed down a bit, progress is continuing to be made both within IT Services and the various administrative offices.
On June 1, Human Resources joined Finance (internal use) as the first two modules to move to exclusively using Banner 9. Banner 8 Finance for external users will be going away on Sept. 30. The cutoff dates for the rest of the Banner 8 modules are as follows:
- Advancement: August 1
- Financial Aid: September 15
- Accounts Receivable: September 15
- Student: December 31
As can be expected from the fact that Banner 8 is beginning to be eliminated, the Banner 9 adoption rate is growing rapidly. As of July 25, Finance (internal) and Human Resources were at 100%. The rest of the adoption rates can be seen below:
- Financial Aid: 95%
- Advancement: 93%
- Accounts Receivable: 86%
- Finance (external): 78%
- Student: 47%
The next major focus for the project team is the Self-Service modules. One area, Finance, is complete, but the others have a lot of work yet to go. For example, IT Services is currently working with Advancement on configuring and installing the General Event Management module.
Progress on the other Self-Service modules is mostly in a holding pattern.
- Advancement: No Self-Service module available
- Finance: To be installed in production sometime in October
- Human Resources: Currently on hold
- Student Registration: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Accounts Receivable: Not available until 2019
- Financial Aid: Not available until 2019
- Attendance Tracking: Will be tested, but no plan to implement
- Faculty Grade Entry: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Student: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Banner Student Advising: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
Please check MiamiOH.edu/Banner9 for project updates when they become available.