Attention! Attention! Banner 9 Finance is waiting for you.
September 30, 2018, will be the final date for you to use Banner 8 Finance. Beginning on October 1, you will be required to use the upgraded version of Banner Finance as all access to Banner 8 Finance will be closed down.
Have you taken training yet? If not, there are new classes being scheduled weekly through September. The sessions are an hour long and cover basic navigation in the new Banner 9 Finance system. Sessions are scheduled for Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, and VOA so you don’t have to travel off-campus to attend training.
Banner 9 Finance training sessions
This workshop is now available to be scheduled in the TRAIN system with multiple sessions planned between now and September for all campus locations. You are encouraged to sign up for training well in advance of the October 1 conversion date so that you have time to learn the new look and feel of Banner 9 Finance and get accustomed to the navigation changes.
Workshop: Banner 9 Finance Basic Navigation
Workshop Code: BAN9FINNAV
Finance Navigation training is also available through Canvas.
We hope to see you there!
As of June 14, all of the Banner 9 Admin modules were being used in production. The last to go live was Student. So, even though the project has slowed down a bit, progress is continuing to be made both within IT Services and the various administrative offices.
HR Banner 9 Celebration Cake
On June 1, Human Resources joined Finance (internal use) as the first two modules to move to exclusively using Banner 9. Banner 8 Finance for external users will be going away on Sept. 30. The cutoff dates for the rest of the Banner 8 modules are as follows:
- Advancement: August 1
- Financial Aid: September 15
- Accounts Receivable: September 15
- Student: December 31
As can be expected from the fact that Banner 8 is beginning to be eliminated, the Banner 9 adoption rate is growing rapidly. As of July 25, Finance (internal) and Human Resources were at 100%. The rest of the adoption rates can be seen below:
- Financial Aid: 95%
- Advancement: 93%
- Accounts Receivable: 86%
- Finance (external): 78%
- Student: 47%
Some of the Banner 9 Finance implementation team
The next major focus for the project team is the Self-Service modules. One area, Finance, is complete, but the others have a lot of work yet to go. For example, IT Services is currently working with Advancement on configuring and installing the General Event Management module.
Progress on the other Self-Service modules is mostly in a holding pattern.
- Advancement: No Self-Service module available
- Finance: To be installed in production sometime in October
- Human Resources: Currently on hold
- Student Registration: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Accounts Receivable: Not available until 2019
- Financial Aid: Not available until 2019
- Attendance Tracking: Will be tested, but no plan to implement
- Faculty Grade Entry: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Student: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
- Banner Student Advising: If accepted after testing, would go into production February, 2019
Please check MiamiOH.edu/Banner9 for project updates when they become available.