Frequently Asked Questions
- Hair Dryer
- Shower Shoes
- Shower Tote
- Microwave (700 watts or less)
- High Efficiency Laundry Detergent
- Fabric Spray
- Laundry Bag/Pop-up Basket
- Alarm Clock
- Bed Sheets
- Dry Erase Message Board
- UL Approved Power Strips
- First-aid Kit
- Full Length Mirror
- Pillows & Pillowcases
- “S” Moulding Hooks
- Twin XL Bed in Residence Halls and Full-Size Beds at Heritage Commons
- Desk and Chair
- Closet or Wardrobe
- Towel Rack
- Wastebasket/Trash Bags
- Basic Cable
- Window shades
- High-Speed Wired & Wireless Internet
- Cleaning Supplies (available upon request)
- Light Bulbs (available upon request)
- Vacuum (available upon request)
- Power strip(s) in residence halls that have not yet received an electrical upgrade
- Due to the high risk of fire and damage in a communal environment, the following items are prohibited:
- Coffeemaker (Keurig or Keurig-style single-serve coffee makers are permitted, units containing removable water reservoir are not permitted, heating element must be contained within the unit)
- Personal Refrigerators are not permitted. You can request to rent a university-owned refrigerator on your housing contract.
- Personal air conditioners are not permitted. You can request to rent one on your housing contract (some halls can only accommodate a limited number of units based upon electrical capacity and safety), if you have a medical need for air conditioning, please ask your physician to send documentation to the Student Health Center.
- Electric Blankets or Sheets
- Electric Skillets
- Hot Plates
- Lofted Beds
- Popcorn Poppers
- Sun Lamps
- Toaster Ovens
- Water Beds
- Avoid unnecessary damage charges by not using Scotch Tape, duct tape, double-sided tape, or 3M Hooks.
- S-Hooks (also called Moulding Hooks) and Removable Putty should be used.
Elevator availability varies by hall. Many of our halls have elevators that are always open for general use. However, other halls have service (freight) elevators that are only available for use by students who have a medical need and are unable to use the stairs.
Housing assignment information for incoming First Year students will be email to your Miami account in late July or early August.
The size of our rooms varies from one residence hall to another, as a result of architectural differences. You can learn specific dimensions for your room on MyCard after you have received your housing assignment letter.
The University does not assume responsibility for the loss of money or valuables, damages to property or injuries on the premises. If the Student is not covered by a Parent/Guardian homeowner’s insurance policy, it is strongly recommended that insurance arrangements are made to protect against such losses.
Except for goldfish or other tropical fish, no pets are permitted in the Residence Halls. Tank size should not exceed 5 gallons, and aquarium heaters are prohibited.
US mail will be delivered to locked mail boxes which are located in or near the lobby of each residence hall. Each room in the building will have its own box. Packages, large-sized items, and registered mail are delivered to the University Mailroom in Wells Hall. You will be notified by email if you have a package to be picked up.
Due to campus storage space limitations, we cannot remove student room furniture. Students are discouraged from bringing their own furniture to campus. Typically, rooms can only safely accommodate the furnishings provided.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services at 513-529-2224 for any questions concerning parking on campus. You can also visit their website at: http://www.units.miamioh.edu/prk/
You may contact the Office of Telecommunications. They will be able to assist you in subscribing to a landline phone in your room, or a university-provided cell phone. You can find them online at www.MiamiOH.edu/Telecom.
You can request a bedrail by submitting a Maintenance Repair Request on your MyCard account.
The Marcum Hotel is owned and operated by Miami University. Located conveniently on campus, The Marcum offers newly renovated guest rooms and suites, complimentary continental breakfast, and all the comforts of home. Visit us online to make reservations today! Join Marcum’s Parents’ Club and receive 10% off each night that you stay.