Rough Draft of work…Lauranne

I was not able to add my rough draft of my paper over the weekend due to internet issues.  so here it is…

Crazed, uncontrollable, sneaky beings hell-bent on making man’s life difficult.  This has been said in one way or another since the dawn of time. From man’s creation stories to the great stories of Antiquity, and even still to today’s most controversial situations.  Any time a women does any thing to sway from the guided path chosen, not by them, they receive a title unbecoming and determined to make their life unbearable.

But with men writing women characters in roles that showcase them as flawed and negative how are women to rise above the stereotyped roles they have been given?  For example in Antiquity, the greatest writers and minds wrote stories such as the story of Pandora, Adam and Eve, Madea, and even the goddess Hera was written as a troubled female unable to control her emotions.

In these stories the women were troubled by emotions of jealousy, hatred, and sadness.  But never in any of these stories do the writers give strong light to the reasons behind the women to feel these emotions or state of being.  They slightly touch on the fact that they are women that deal with loss or being wrongfully done by someone in their life.  Even in the story, The Bacchae by Euripides, the women are portrayed as crazed women having murderous parties filled with orgies and drinking.  When in fact they were brought to the outcome their patron deity wanted and forced them to have.

As with Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own and Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication on the Rights of Women, women have been fighting for a ground to stand or even to be able to have the same elements and freedoms that men have always had.  In these two materials the authors discuss what women should have and how they should behave.  But neither of these women ever state that women should be treated less human than their counterparts.

I am working through my notes and paragraphs to reword things and am excited about where I am going with this…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.