EDL Graduates —Where are they now?

Andrea Blevins

I earned three degrees from Miami. My undergraduate degree in Middle Childhood Education was awarded in 2005.  My first masters degree was in Elementary Reading in 2008. My second masters degree in Educational Leadership was awarded in 2013. The EDL Masters in Administration program at Miami University offered me a variety of essential skills to prepare me for administrative roles.  It was hands-on, practical, and created many opportunities for networking with other future administrators, current administrators, and professors.  The program is top notch and helped to cement my desire to make a bigger difference.  Almost all of my classmates are now currently in administrative roles throughout the state and I’ve heard from many human resource directors that Miami graduates are equipped with knowledge and comprehensive training to take over leadership right away. I’ve held multiple administrative positions throughout Butler County include academic coach, junior high assistant principal, and elementary principal. I am now an elementary principal at Endeavor Elementary, within the Lakota School District.  With a building of 750 students with cultural and economic diversities, I am constantly growing and learning as an educational leader in the building.  This job is not for the faint of heart but it is the most rewarding and exciting field to be in and I encourage all prospective students to take the leap, knowing that Miami will prepare you well for what lies ahead.

LOVE and HONOR—always.

John Wilheim

My time at Miami was spent refining my educational leadership knowledge base and skills. However, the most important aspect of the program was the honest conversations students had with each other. From these experiences, I was able to craft ideas and initiatives to meet students’ needs at Hamilton High School. Leading a building is a daunting challenge and one that seemingly changes every day. My studies at Miami University have prepared me to meet those challenges daily and given me the foresight to adapt and adjust to future considerations and decisions. I am the Principal of Hamilton High School. I also serve as the President of Greater Miami Conference.  As a lifelong learner, I am currently taking classes to attain my superintendent’s license at Miami University.