Miami University’s Dining Services understands the importance of nutrition to the overall well-being of our patrons. We are proud to offer healthy menu items at each of our dining locations. We spend $1,500,000 each year on fresh produce alone. Moving to college is an exciting step, but transitioning to life at Miami may take some time. Living on campus may allow you more freedom than you are used to, especially in regards to dining options. Though healthy items are always an available, you will also find guilty pleasures and opportunities to indulge throughout our dining locations. We encourage you to find the balance that is right for you. While we do not promote any particular style of dining, we want to provide you with the best tools for making your own choices.
Know What’s on Your Plate | MyTray Nutrition
MyTray provides you with full nutrition information for each of our menus, including calorie counts and allergen information. Don’t make assumptions about your nutrition. MyTray is a great resource for those looking to make healthy and informed dining decisions.
Quick Tips for Healthy Eating at Miami
- Ask the manager at a dining location if you have questions about a specific item.
- Include whole grains, vegetables, and fruits in your meals whenever possible.
- Choose sugar-free beverages and increase your daily water intake.
- Combine healthier options with a treat. Healthy eating does not mean “all or nothing”.
- Be careful and patient when changing your eating habits. A restrictive diet plan, especially those with extremely low calorie limits, could cause more harm than good in the long run.